What is TexasSpeaks?
TexasSpeaks is an online survey conducted by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service with the purpose of listening to Texas citizens as they identify the strengths and needs of their communities.
What is the goal of the survey?
Engage as many Texas citizens as possible to create the most accurate and helpful data to support Texas communities at both the state and local levels.
Quick Need-to-Know Facts
- Takes approximately 10 minutes or less
- This survey is part of several efforts to identify and understand the issues facing Texas communities
- Identifying relevant issues is fundamental to the program development model of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Includes an open feedback section for areas not listed within the survey
- Includes an opportunity to elect to receive contact by the agency
What is done with the data?
Data from the survey will be aggregated at local levels and provided to local stakeholders. Additionally, statewide data will be aggregated and made available to state agencies and decision makers.
What this survey does not do:
- Promise action on the part of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Promise action on the part of any Texas governmental office of department
- Provide personal information to any outside group or government agency
Historical context of the survey:
- Previously conducted in person and within each county. This online survey allows for greater engagement of Texas citizens that may have not been reached through previous methods. This new process still requires the support of Extension agents to engage with key stakeholders of their counties and encourage distribution of the survey through these relationships within their community. These outreach efforts are both historically relevant but also immediately necessary for the success and continued relationship building/